I’m very proud to announce that I authored the ‘Community Disaster Resilience’ chapter in the recently published textbook Disasters and Public Health: Planning and Response, Second Edition by Bruce W. Clements & Julie Casani
In writing this chapter I looked to synthesise the available information on the importance of community resilience to disaster preparedness, prevention and response. As well as push current thinking around how community disaster resilience building can best be integrated into the core-business of governments and emergency management agencies.
I have written several other publications and online articles about the subject of community disaster resilience, which you can find alongside videos and documentation from my time with Volunteering Qld as the project coordinator of the Natural Disaster Resilience Leadership Project. Below are some links you can follow if you want to know more…
- The Role of Community Leaders in Building Natural Disaster Resilience: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/IJDRBE-01-2014-0008
- Natural Disaster Resilience Leadership Project: https://www.volunteeringqld.org.au/blog/903-resilience-leadership-project-2011-13
- UNESCO Youth looking beyond disasters forums: http://www.emergencyvolunteering.com.au/qld/projects/youth-looking-beyond-disasters
- Facilitating Collaborations: http://roadmender.net/2013/10/08/facilitating-collaboration-guest-blog-by-tal-fitzpatrick/
- Interview of me on the subject of disaster resilience: http://planetshifter.com/node/2277